Ten Tips on Choosing A Garage Door Repair Service
Use these ten tips to choose a quality garage door repair service.
- Ask your friends or neighbors to recommend a good garage door company.
- Contact two or three business to ask for estimates, and be sure to ask for details about product warranties.
- Ask the company for a list of customer references in your area.
- Inquire about the total minimum charges for a service call. There may be charges for a basic fee, travel, labor, parts, and so on.
- Don’t equate the size or number Yellow Pages ads or online ads with the trustworthiness of the company.
- Don’t authorize the repair until a technician clearly explains the problem and tells you the exact cost. Legitimate garage door repairs rarely cost several hundred dollars.
- Verify advertised offers when you contact a company. Some companies have been known to publish advertisements with false or misleading information.
- Call your local Better Business Bureau (BBB) to see if there are unresolved complaints filed against a certain company.
- If possible, be present when the repair work is being done. Some scam artists intentionally break parts and then replace them.
- Never pay for garage door repair service in-full and up front. Asking for a partial deposit is legitimate; just be sure it is a reputable company even before you pay a deposit.